Add email@example.com to your cellphone and send pics straight to Holla Back NYC
HollabackNYC is now also accepting video submissions: Catch that jerk with your video phone or do journalistic style feature on Street Harassment and we'll post it!
Email your submissions here!
We welcome submissions from everywhere.
|Join the HollaBackNYC Mailing List
Keep informed of upcoming events, screenings, and the Post of the Month!
If you have questions about street harassment or about our site, consult our list of Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
For info on HollaBack's commitment to antiracism, click here.
- Blank Noise Project, India
- Brian Martin: Publications on Sexual Harassment
- Bronx Salon
- The Dinah Project
- Feminist Campus
- Gender Across Borders
- Girls for Gender Equity
- Hawley Fogg-Davis: "A Black Feminist Critique of Same-Race Street Harassment"
- Incite! Women of Color Against Violence
- Laura Beth Nielsen: "License to Harass"
- Legal Momentum
- Men Can Stop Rape
- NYC Against Rape
- NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
- NYC Radical Cheerleaders
- NYC Safe Streets
- Planned Parenthood
- Sarah Noel Counseling
- Sexual Harassment Support
- Stop Street Harassment
- Street Harassment: A Feminist Guide to Action
- Students Active For Ending Rape (SAFER)
- The Street Harassment Project
- Tolerance.org Street Harassment Resources
- Teen Voices
- Women of Color Resource Center
- The Women's Mosaic
- War Zone
Tweet from the Street!
Hollaback on the go by tweeting your street harassment stories! Add #hbnyc to all posts and follow us @iHollaback:
Want HollaBack to come and speak at your school, dorm, or organization? Email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News
- Want a street harassment expert to tell you what it's really like on the streets? Email Emily May at email@example.com.
Articles by HollabackNYC co-founders
- Metro, "Crime Behind Closing Doors" By Emily May
- On the Issues Magazine, "Gender Harassment: From our revolution to yours." By Emily May
- New York Daily News, "MTA must crack down on epidemic of subway groping." By Emily May and Sam Carter
- Current TV (Our HOLLAfavorite!)
- Women's Media Center: "Emily May: A Woman Making History"
- NYC Tracks: Harassment May be on the Rise
- Global Sister: Meet the Org, HollabackNYC
- Volcano Radio's Feminist Wednesday: Emily May of HollabackNYC
- The Daily Femme: Interview with Emily May of HollabackNYC
- Katie Couric blogs about HollaBack!
- San Francisco Chronicle: "Creeps Beware"
- Bust magazine: "Make Love to the Camera!"
- LA Times: "NYC Fights Gropers, Flashers"
- NPR: "Website Takes Swipe At Creepy Catcallers"
- LA City Beat: "Hey Baby"
- The Boston Globe: "Hey Baby"
- BBC World Radio Interview
- ABC's Good Morning America: "Hey Macho Man, Say Cheese!"
- Fox News: "Hit on This!"
- The NY Post: "Out the Lout!"
- Boing Boing (Thanks Xeni!)
- Gothamist: "Dickwads Beware: HollaBack is Here!"
- @Issue: "NY Women Hit the Pavement against Street Harassment"
- Feministing: Subway gropers exposed
- New York Times: Undercover Police Charge 13 With Lewdness on Subways
- Gothamist: Undercover Cops Get Molested on Subway!
- Women's ENews: "Women Strike Back Online Against Street Harassment"
- Gotham Gazette: "The Fight Against Street Harassment"
- HealthStyles, WBAI: HollabackNYC Co-Founder Emily May discusses harassment and assault on the subway
- WPIX: "Butt-Slapper On The Loose In Brooklyn"
- AMNY: "Riders Worry As Stations Losing Agents also lack PA systems"
- HuffPo: "When Hollered At: Hollaback!"
- Metro: "Cop on Perv Trouble: We Don't Handle That"
- NBC: "Subway Flasher Arrested"
- Metro: "Subway Perv Hits a Nerve"
- BBN3: "Hands Off!"
Holla Without Borders:
International press coverage!
- Canada: Dose
- England: The Guardian
- England: New Statesman
- Italy: la Repubblica
- Switzerland: Blick Online
Check out photos from our past events here!
Click to see
Click to seethe raunchiest, nastiest street assholes around!
- Men who harass me: Sally's partial collection
- Men who harass me: Sally's partial collection
- A strong woman + a lifetime of harassment = a powe...
- We're hiring and we're shaking it up!
- Why I Hollaback: Emily's story
- Scary, scary 2 train turd
- Death Stare
- Marilyn Monroe I am not
- "This is the third time someone has reported this ...
- I want to "train you"????
- 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
- 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
- 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
- 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
- 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
- 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
- 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
- 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
- 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
- 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
- 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
- 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
- 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
- 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
- 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
- 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
- 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
- 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
- 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
- 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
- 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
- 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
- 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
- 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
- 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
- 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
- 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
- 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
- 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
- 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
- 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
- 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008
- 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
- 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008
- 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
- 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008
- 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008
- 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008
- 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009
- 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009
- 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009
- 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009
- 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009
- 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009
- 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009
- 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009
- 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009
- 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009
- 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009
- 11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009
- 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010
- 01/01/2010 - 02/01/2010
- 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010
- 03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010
- 04/01/2010 - 05/01/2010
- 05/01/2010 - 06/01/2010
- 06/01/2010 - 07/01/2010
- 07/01/2010 - 08/01/2010
- 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010
- 09/01/2010 - 10/01/2010
- 10/01/2010 - 11/01/2010
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Business in the Front, Sketchy in the Back
|Last night I was rushing to catch the subway at 34th Street. I was rushing down the stairs to the D platform and this little man with a rockin’ mullet, who looked like he has just walked out of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" Video, stopped, turned around, looked at me, and had the audacity to say "I lick a lot of pussy." Eww! I have never been so upset in my life that my phone was off so I didn’t get a picture of this creep. As I was in a hurry I only had time to roll my eyes, give him a disgusted look, and flip him off.|
Submitted by Rachel
Friday, November 24, 2006
Fuck Right Off.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Not so Super, Market Man
|Passing by the local supermarket this morning on my way to work, one of the stock guys from the market (he was wearing his smock/uniform) got altogether too close to me and called me "chula." [HB NOTE: For you nonspanish speakers, chula means sexy or hottie]. I told him to shut up, that he should concentrate on his job instead of bothering people. He just stood there and laughed. So I got out my cell phone and aimed. This guy must have some experience dodging cameras because he immediately threw his hood over his head, covered his face with one arm, and started desperately twirling around, looking for his shopping cart, trying to get away from me with his eyes covered up, keeping his face hidden. He looked like such a fool. So, I only got a lousy shot of the back of his head, but at least I got the satisfaction of watching him run and hide, like the cockroach he is.|
Submitted by Nancy
Thursday, November 09, 2006
I've Just Been Groped
|Hello, I've just been gropped on 16th St. and 8th Ave. It was 4pm- bright sunny day, and I can't believe this just happened to me. I have my wits about me always and I walk confidently with a sort of 'don't fuck with me' look on my face, but it still happened! I was just walking, and this guy walking by, out of no where, stuck his hand out and felt my vagina. I just can't believe it. If there's anybody with any encouraging words, I'd love to hear them, because right now, I just feal like I never want to walk outside by myself again- and I hate that. Dammit.|
Submitted by Kathleen
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Whatever Happened to the World that was Promised to Us?
|I'm only twelve, so I get grossed out pretty easy.|
As I was walking home from school one day, a man A LOT older than me stops walking as I walk past. He tries to grab me but I speed up so he misses. "I love your ass!" he calls after me.
Submitted by Fiona
(A special note from the Hollaback team: GO VOTE! Let's make this world a better place together. New Yorkers: got voting questions? Get them answered here.)