Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your cellphone and send pics straight to Holla Back NYC
HollabackNYC is now also accepting video submissions: Catch that jerk with your video phone or do journalistic style feature on Street Harassment and we'll post it!
Email your submissions here!
We welcome submissions from everywhere.
|Join the HollaBackNYC Mailing List
Keep informed of upcoming events, screenings, and the Post of the Month!
If you have questions about street harassment or about our site, consult our list of Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
For info on HollaBack's commitment to antiracism, click here.
- Blank Noise Project, India
- Brian Martin: Publications on Sexual Harassment
- Bronx Salon
- The Dinah Project
- Feminist Campus
- Gender Across Borders
- Girls for Gender Equity
- Hawley Fogg-Davis: "A Black Feminist Critique of Same-Race Street Harassment"
- Incite! Women of Color Against Violence
- Laura Beth Nielsen: "License to Harass"
- Legal Momentum
- Men Can Stop Rape
- NYC Against Rape
- NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
- NYC Radical Cheerleaders
- NYC Safe Streets
- Planned Parenthood
- Sarah Noel Counseling
- Sexual Harassment Support
- Stop Street Harassment
- Street Harassment: A Feminist Guide to Action
- Students Active For Ending Rape (SAFER)
- The Street Harassment Project
- Tolerance.org Street Harassment Resources
- Teen Voices
- Women of Color Resource Center
- The Women's Mosaic
- War Zone
Tweet from the Street!
Hollaback on the go by tweeting your street harassment stories! Add #hbnyc to all posts and follow us @iHollaback:
Want HollaBack to come and speak at your school, dorm, or organization? Email Emily at email@example.com.
In The News
- Want a street harassment expert to tell you what it's really like on the streets? Email Emily May at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles by HollabackNYC co-founders
- Metro, "Crime Behind Closing Doors" By Emily May
- On the Issues Magazine, "Gender Harassment: From our revolution to yours." By Emily May
- New York Daily News, "MTA must crack down on epidemic of subway groping." By Emily May and Sam Carter
- Current TV (Our HOLLAfavorite!)
- Women's Media Center: "Emily May: A Woman Making History"
- NYC Tracks: Harassment May be on the Rise
- Global Sister: Meet the Org, HollabackNYC
- Volcano Radio's Feminist Wednesday: Emily May of HollabackNYC
- The Daily Femme: Interview with Emily May of HollabackNYC
- Katie Couric blogs about HollaBack!
- San Francisco Chronicle: "Creeps Beware"
- Bust magazine: "Make Love to the Camera!"
- LA Times: "NYC Fights Gropers, Flashers"
- NPR: "Website Takes Swipe At Creepy Catcallers"
- LA City Beat: "Hey Baby"
- The Boston Globe: "Hey Baby"
- BBC World Radio Interview
- ABC's Good Morning America: "Hey Macho Man, Say Cheese!"
- Fox News: "Hit on This!"
- The NY Post: "Out the Lout!"
- Boing Boing (Thanks Xeni!)
- Gothamist: "Dickwads Beware: HollaBack is Here!"
- @Issue: "NY Women Hit the Pavement against Street Harassment"
- Feministing: Subway gropers exposed
- New York Times: Undercover Police Charge 13 With Lewdness on Subways
- Gothamist: Undercover Cops Get Molested on Subway!
- Women's ENews: "Women Strike Back Online Against Street Harassment"
- Gotham Gazette: "The Fight Against Street Harassment"
- HealthStyles, WBAI: HollabackNYC Co-Founder Emily May discusses harassment and assault on the subway
- WPIX: "Butt-Slapper On The Loose In Brooklyn"
- AMNY: "Riders Worry As Stations Losing Agents also lack PA systems"
- HuffPo: "When Hollered At: Hollaback!"
- Metro: "Cop on Perv Trouble: We Don't Handle That"
- NBC: "Subway Flasher Arrested"
- Metro: "Subway Perv Hits a Nerve"
- BBN3: "Hands Off!"
Holla Without Borders:
International press coverage!
- Canada: Dose
- England: The Guardian
- England: New Statesman
- Italy: la Repubblica
- Switzerland: Blick Online
Check out photos from our past events here!
Click to see
Click to seethe raunchiest, nastiest street assholes around!
- Men who harass me: Sally's partial collection
- Men who harass me: Sally's partial collection
- A strong woman + a lifetime of harassment = a powe...
- We're hiring and we're shaking it up!
- Why I Hollaback: Emily's story
- Scary, scary 2 train turd
- Death Stare
- Marilyn Monroe I am not
- "This is the third time someone has reported this ...
- I want to "train you"????
- 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
- 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
- 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
- 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
- 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
- 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
- 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
- 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
- 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
- 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
- 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
- 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
- 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
- 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
- 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
- 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
- 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
- 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
- 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
- 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
- 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
- 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
- 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
- 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
- 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
- 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
- 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
- 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
- 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
- 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
- 04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
- 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008
- 06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008
- 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008
- 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
- 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008
- 10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008
- 11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008
- 12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009
- 01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009
- 02/01/2009 - 03/01/2009
- 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009
- 04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009
- 05/01/2009 - 06/01/2009
- 06/01/2009 - 07/01/2009
- 07/01/2009 - 08/01/2009
- 08/01/2009 - 09/01/2009
- 09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009
- 10/01/2009 - 11/01/2009
- 11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009
- 12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010
- 01/01/2010 - 02/01/2010
- 02/01/2010 - 03/01/2010
- 03/01/2010 - 04/01/2010
- 04/01/2010 - 05/01/2010
- 05/01/2010 - 06/01/2010
- 06/01/2010 - 07/01/2010
- 07/01/2010 - 08/01/2010
- 08/01/2010 - 09/01/2010
- 09/01/2010 - 10/01/2010
- 10/01/2010 - 11/01/2010
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Iain and Dylan Save the Day from Cockweasels!
Friday, April 20, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
|As I was walking to school the other day, I had a little adventure...|
A man accosted me on the street and started a conversation, which went like this:
Man: in his best sultry bedroom voice, "serious question."
Man: "has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?"
Me: "serious question."
Me: "has that ever worked for you?"
I walked off. He proceeded to follow me, calling me a "bitch," a "cunt" and so forth. He told me he just wanted to tell me how beautiful I am, I must be frigid, I must hate sex and, now, he's changed his mind and I'm ugly. I continue to ignore him and, finally, I see my chance--I duck into the school bookstore to escape. The last thing I hear as the door closes behind me is, "and yes, it has worked for me! All the time!" I tell the woman who works there, who I'm friendly with, what just happened. She says, "wait, hang on," and she describes him to me perfectly. She asks, "is that the guy?" I answer, "yes, absolutely." It turns out that he was in the school bookstore not 10 minutes ago, making passes against her and rubbing up against the books.
Submitted by CJ
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Lexington Avenue LOSER!
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
The Price of Ignoring
A woman was walking down the street, and chose to ignore the catcalls some asshole was yelling at her as he drove past. Apparently he thought he was so entitled to her attention that he turned the truck around and ran her over. In other words, "that's what you get for ignoring me, bitch." Hard to hollaback from underneath your harasser/assaulter's vehicle.
The woman was taken to the hospital and is in serious condition. The driver of the truck is still at large. If he's ever found, police say they may charge him with attempted murder.
Submitted by Ann